Thursday, April 9, 2009

THERE IS NO PROBLEM!!!

This morning I went to the store to get doughnuts for breakfast.  It is Adam's birthday today and he had requested doughnuts.  So, I drove over to Winegar's in Clearfield.  

The grocery store is in a small strip mall.  Right next to Winegars is a dollar store.  I parked in a parking spot right in front of the dollar store which happens to be the closest parking spot to the grocery store.  I went in and got what I needed and came out and was putting everything in the van and heard someone honk.  I was parked so I didn't pay any attention to the honking since I figured it was not for me.

As I was putting the last of my stuff into the van, an older Toyota truck driven by an even older geezer pulled up behind my van and he glared at me.  He then drove rather quickly away and parked.  Now he had my attention.  I pushed the cart back to the cart return location and noticed he was standing in the middle of the parking lot staring at me.  I turned and asked him if there was a problem and he screamed as loud as he could "THERE IS NO PROBLEM!!!!"  So, I got in the van and backed out and drove past the store entrance and rolled down my window.  He was now standing just inside the store staring out at me still.  I asked him again if there was a problem and he yelled again "THERE IS NO PROBLEM!!!", and then turned and stomped into the store.

I have come up with two possible explanations for this man's odd behavior.

#1.  I took his favorite parking spot and he was angry about that.

#2.  When he did park, he was in a handicap spot.  Where I was parked was not a handicap parking spot but a couple of the spots in that area are.  He felt I was parked in a handicap spot and was angry about that.   I drove around his truck after he stormed into the store.  He did not have handicap plates or a permit in the window or on the dash to be parked where he was.  Either he does no have one or in his anger forgot to put it up.

If I could, I would thank that man for giving me a good laugh to start the morning.  It was much appreciated!!

1 comment:

April said...

Now I understand your gmail status!!